CASTIGLION DEL BOSCO
The history of Castiglion del Bosco dates back to 1100 A.D., amidst armed struggles and assaults. This corner of Tuscany also bears the imprint of great Sienese families, who settled and brought here the artistic genius of Pietro Lorenzetti, whose precious Annunciazione dei Santi (1345 A.D.) still adorns the hamlet’s tiny church. Agriculture always played a prominent role on this great estate: for over 800 years now, Castiglion del Bosco has been flourishing within the same boundaries, almost as a world apart. Here still stand its borgo, its school and stables, its crops and fields, its vineyards and olive groves.
In 1967 Consorzio del Brunello di Montalcino was established, and Castiglion del Bosco was one of its few founding members. In 2003, Castiglion del Bosco was restored to its former glory thanks to Massimo Ferragamo who, having fallen in love with the Capanna vineyard, bought the estate to fulfill his Tuscan dream. Today the wines of Castiglion del Bosco receive worldwide recognition for their excellence.