Agricola Bellaria is born from our passion for wine products and the love for Irpinia, a land worldwide known for its great local vine varieties.
Lying between the Partenio National Park and the fruitful Caudina Valley, Bellaria produces and exports worldwide top-notch local wines.
The Alessandro family’s roots are very old, steeped in history. With three brothers’ commitment and energy, Rosolino, Antonino and Natale, supported by their children Anna, Benedetto and Benedetto, their production model is based in the vineyard and oenological innovation. They continue developing and improving their full-bodied wines, which are also delicate, refined and well-balanced, born between rows of vines and the passion of those who work the land.
Alessandro di Camporeale Estate is a company in which each new generation rediscovers his own identity, sharing a production philosophy rooted in family history. The three Alessandro cousins are the company’s future, renewing and forging ahead with passion and promise. Anna, Head of Communications and Wine-tourism, Benedetto, the winemaker, who follows the entire production process, and Benedetto, the family company’s Marketing Manager. These are the new human resources perpetuating the company, which has become a symbol of excellence in an area renowned for wine making.
Alessandro Viola, winemaker with national and European experiences, from the agricultural management of the vineyard to the winemaking operations of the grapes being himself a graduate in viticulture and enology. The philosophy of wines is very simple, this is the right result to be better. The same approach in agriculture, that is to make the land from fertilizers and herbicides relying on the natural fertility of the soil as if to restore a condition that man does not disturb its balance.
The Allegrini company may be considered the result of the intelligence and hard work of Giovanni Allegrini, who was a straight forward, instinctive man who built an agricultural concern that was solid, efficient and innovative.
He started working at a very young age and perfected the art of wine-making with great skill and an all-encompassing passion. He was given the evocative nickname "the barrel spider" because in the cellar he would proudly invite guests to taste his wine, and whilst listening to comments and opinions, spring like a spider from one precious barrel to another. The life-style, history and culture of Giovanni still represent, today, the key to understanding the philosophy and reasons behind the success of Allegrini. After the premature death of Giovanni in1983, his three offspring took over the company and have run it ever since with impassioned enthusiasm and ever-increasing skill and competence.
12th and 13th generation wine growers, Jean-Jacques Cattier and his son, Alexandre, craft the prestige cuvées of Armand de Brignac. Their dream was to create a champagne of the most exceptional quality, that would represent the best of the best from the region, where their family have grown vines for more than 250 years.
The Cattier family is based in the Montagne de Reims and own 33 hectares of vines across some of the most lauded crus in Champagne, including the villages of Rilly-la-Montagne, Chigny-les-Roses and Ludes.
Each bottle of Champagne Armand de Brignac is finished with a unique dosage, which comprises the finest base wine of the harvest, aged for one year in new French Oak. This winemaking touch provides subtle complexity to the finished cuvées, introducing hints of baked pastry, vanilla and toastiness.
Unique to Champagne Armand de Brignac is the blending of a trio of vintages. Each assemblage brings together the unique characters from three distinct harvests, while maintaining a powerful lineage from blend to blend.
The winery is named after the Avignonesi family, the founders of the original estate.
Constant research and development aimed at expressing the true character of the Montepulciano terroir has, over time, earned the winery a well-deserved place among the flagship producers of Tuscany.
In 2009, Avignonesi was acquired by Virginie Saverys who has since introduced organic and biodynamic farming methods to craft distinct, genuine wines with an even stronger character, and has acquired additional vineyards and a state-of-the-art winemaking facility in the Montepulciano appellation.
Producing wine for the Milazzos’ is a real “family affair”. A story of about 150 years of strong devotion to agriculture, it’s landscapes, it’s mysteries, it’s rythms, it’s deep tie with the true essence of the island.
This legacy is today passed down to Giuseppina Milazzo and her husband Saverio Lo Leggio, united in the commitment to give continuity to the virtuous evolution of the brand Milazzo. Between the end of the seventies and the beginning of the eighties they were among of the first winegrowers to promote winemaking using native Sicilian vine-stocks.
Over the course of the years and together with other famous names, this led to the recovery of the island’s tradition of quality winegrowing. At the same time they introduced the Chardonnay grape into Sicily with the specific aim of producing a top, Classic Method sparkling wine.
t is a brand that is young, but the Vezzoli family has been producing wines for almost a century and is therefore able to guarantee the tradition, but also the constant search for continuous improvement in production.
The company, the daily work between the countryside and the winery is managed with great passion by all the members of the family.
After a decade spent cultivating vintages, the vision of a new oenological path is born.
With the awareness of having the right resources, the right place, an extraordinary microclimate and qualified people. Take the idea of the Cristo di Campobello like this.
High offspring of Agrigento planted in the year 2000 by three fathers and daily high.
Individual vinification for each vineyard, respect for a unique and precious territory. These are just some of the choices of the Cristo di Campobello, in a philosophy that privileges quality from the beginning. Thanks to the tenacity of women and men, their arms, their heads, their hearts, their work – day by day, all year.
At the beginning of the 18th century the Bishop of Catania gave to the Nicolosi Asmundo Family the task to turn the harsh fields of Etna from an “horrific and untamed place to a delicious garden”. Then in 1727 something happened, like in the fairytales. The Emperor Charles VI of Augsburg, King of Naples, bestowed Don Carmelo Nicolosi with the title of Baron of Villagrande.
The bond with the grapes becomes indissoluble, giving birth to the oldest vines cultivation story on these lands.
Today Marco Nicolosi as Wine Maker and Production Manager and Barbara Liuzzo as Director of Sales and Marketing continue to maintain their commitment on the territory with the aim of respecting and enhancing the heritage of the family and the peculiarities of the wine-growing area . The goal of the company, family and staff is to share the natural heritage of Etna, transfer the love and devotion of a unique and special place.
Barone Montalto produces authentic modern style wines with a Sicilian soul. Our wines are obtained thanks to a skillful selection of the grapes which aims to maintain the natural characteristics of the varietals aspects during vinification. Montalto is not just a bottle of wine, there is all Sicily inside.
Bellavista was founded in franciacorta in 1977 by businessman Vittorio Moretti.
In 1981 Vittorio Moretti met oenologist Mattia Vezzola, who in that same year joined the company. His role proved pivotal to the definition of the Bellavista style.
Excellence is a daily goal: from the vineyards to the wine, every process is performed naturally. every decision is made in consideration of the rhythms dictated by nature and by the history of the franciacorta area.
Bellavista proposes a timeless style and class, the fruit of a simple approach and artisanal attention to even the smallest detail.
In 1878, the Bénard-Pitois family starts to produce Champagne. Since then, a consistent drive has been passed on through generations : working the soil and the vine with respect, patience and precision.
Third generation of winemakers in Mareuil-sur-Aÿ (just a few kilometers from the city of Epernay), Michelle and Laurent Bénard-Louis have continued the tradition and taken care of the family domain's management since 1991. Many extensions and renovations mixing tradition and modernity set the tempo of life in the domain.
Passionate about their work and connected to its multiple sides, Michelle and Laurent use their expertise and their talent to elaborate high-quality Champagne wines appreciated in France and abroad.
While waiting for the fourth generation...
Questions sometimes emerge that can change the destiny of persons and places.
“And what if we were to make a sparkling wine as the French do?’” was precisely such a question.
In 1955, young and irrepressible oenologist Franco Ziliani directed that query to Guido Berlucchi, a country gentleman who was looking for a consultant who could improve his Pinot del Castello, and what he found instead was a partner for an adventure in fine taste that would profoundly transform the destiny of Franciacorta.
Franco Ziliani, chosen father of Franciacorta by the area’s winegrowers, guided the winery through the portals of the new millennium, which represents new yet always fascinating challenges. By his side is the second generation, in the figures of his children Cristina, Arturo, and Paolo, who are, respectively directors of Berlucchi’s communications, production, and sales and marketing.
Today, Guido Berlucchi is a family-run producer deeply rooted in its ancestral growing area and at the same time an ambassador of Franciacorta and Made in Italy to the rest of the world.
The prestige of The Greppo dates back to the 19th Century, with the great wine culture of the family that owned this Estate, whose terroir has an extraordinary vocation for Sangiovese. Clemente began making wine using 100% Sangiovese and passed his wine knowledge to his nephew Ferruccio Biondi Santi, who, after the phyloxera came in the second half of 1800, isolated a clone of Sangiovese that gave birth to wines of extraordinary longevity. In 1888, Ferruccio produced the first bottle of Brunello di Montalcino.
The Bollinger champagne House has created prestigious champagnes with character, distinguished by their elegance and complexity, since 1829. These outstanding wines are the result of rigorous attention to detail, for Bollinger accepts nothing less than excellence. Each and every detail represents a quest for a certain form of perfection. This uncompromisingly independent spirit, dedicated to unostentatious achievement, exemplifies the inimitable elegance for which the Champagne region is renowned.
Within the Borgo La Gallinaccia estate there is one of the rare examples of 17th century fortified farmhouse in Franciacorta, immersed in 2.5 hectares of vineyards 4 of the forest. Vinification and maturation Franciacorta deriving from 100% organic grapes.
Since 1761, the most historical winery in Barolo. The underground cellars continue to represent a rare historical memory of the Langa to this day, and the wines are made according to tradition: long spontaneous fermentations in concrete tanks without the use of selected yeasts, and long periods of ageing, strictly in large Slavonian oak barrels.
Braida is Raffaella’s contagious laughter and Giuseppe’s absorbed expression. A brother and sister whose genes and gestures reveal the heritage of an exceptional Italian wine family. A heritage that they consolidate and expand every day, working hard and sharing its fine fruits with their wonderful team, their home-town, Rocchetta Tanaro, and all those who love their wines.
Braida is the dream of Giacomo Bologna (Build a large, spacious, well-ventilated cellar / and brighten it up with lots of beautiful bottles, / some standing, some lying down, / to be considered with a friendly eye in the evenings of / Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, / sneering at the thought / of that man without songs and sounds, / without women and without wine, / who should live about ten years longer than you) that Raffaella and Giuseppe, with hard work and dedication, have made into a solid, happy and beloved reality.
Founded in 1932, Champagne Brixon Coquillard maintains the tradition and expertise acquired throughout the course of the years in order to share its love for Champagne.
Born in 1900 to a family of winemakers, George Coquillard was twenty years old when he decided to develop a vineyard by transplanting vines himself in order to produce his own wine.
In the late 1960s, his daughter Hélène and his son-in-law Gabriel were to succeed him and give a new start to the enterprise.
Alain, his grandson, joined up with them from the 1980s, thereby perpetuating the acquired expertise.
The Brovia family is a Barolo family with a century of history: 1863 is the year in which the company was founded. The sisters Elena and Cristina Brovia, agronomist and winemaker respectively, carry on with great seriousness, sensitivity and talent the legacy of their father Giacinto, one of the great characters of the Langhe. They are joined in this venture by Alex Sanchez, Elena's husband. Their Barolos are among the greatest wines of the Langhe and are born from a deep respect for the earth.
For years the memory of the vintages accompanied Bruno Ferrara Sardo until he decided to engage in the art of viticulture.
Over time, from bottle to bottle, wine has become synonymous with conviviality and generosity.
Wine is sharing: hence the choice of the name "'nzemmula" which in the local dialect means "together" and wants to be an invitation to the joy and pleasure of sharing.
People, like territories, have a vocation. And so it was that a fifteen-year-old boy had a lightning intuition of what life could be like pursuing it. The meeting between young Maurizio Zanella and gentle Franciacorta, when his mother moved to Erbusco and planted the first vineyard, was the initial contact with what would be the love of his life. But it was after a trip to Champagne, to the famous maisons whose wine had always fascinated and inspired him, that Maurizio returned with the unshakable idea of making something similar. What was once a house in a chestnut wood became one of the most trailblazing wineries in Italy. Since then a single principle has been defining the essence of Ca’ del Bosco: the quest for excellence.
Ca ’Marcanda, winery of the Gaja family, is located in Castagneto Carducci in the upper Tuscan Maremma, one of the most dynamic Italian wine areas.
The name "Ca 'Marcanda" derives from a Piedmontese dialectal expression that refers to the long negotiations conducted by Angelo Gaja to convince the previous owners to sell the company, previously destined to olive grove, orchard, cattle breeding and to a small extent to vineyard.
The property is characterized by two distinct types of land: brown lands, with a prevalence of sand and clay, and pale earth, with prevalence of silt and clay, rich in limestone and skeleton. The hot summer days, refreshed by the sea breeze, and the warm nights, create an ideal climate for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Sangiovese.
As in the native Piedmont, Angelo Gaja's goal is to produce wines that reflect the distinctive and unique qualities of the territory.
Founded in 1893, the Cantina Terlano winery is now one of the leading wine growers cooperatives in South Tyrol, with a current membership of 143 growers working a total area of 170 hectares. That is the equivalent of some 1.5 million bottles of wine a year.
The 340 winemaking families that form the backbone of the winery joined forces in 1907 to create St. Michael-Eppan Winery.
Their great passion is the wine with which they have been associated for generations. Offering knowledge, tradition and passion, each individual contributes to the fact that the winery is blessed with outstanding grapes, which are processed in the cellars with meticulous attention to detail and a great deal of skill.
Cantina Tramin embodies the typical features of our land: the charm of nature and its ability to engage the senses, a creative and precise approach to consistent, quality production, and the ability to create a system based on cooperation. Among the oldest and most traditional wineries in Südtirol - Alto Adige, Cantina Tramin is based in Termeno on the Strada del Vino. The owners of the winery are the 300 growers who farm vineyards in the sub-zones of Termeno, Ora, Montagna and Egna – this area, nearly 260 hectares in total, is the cradle of the Gewürztraminer grape.
The legend of Ferrari began with a man, Giulio Ferrari, and his dream of creating a wine in Trentino capable of competing with the best French Champagnes.
He was a pioneer; it was he who was the first to realize the extraordinary vocation of his area, and it was he who first made substantial plantings of Chardonnay in Italy. He started to produce a few highly select bottles, with an obsessive attention to quality.
As he had no children, Giulio Ferrari began looking for a successor to whom he could entrust his dream. Among many candidates he chose Bruno Lunelli, owner of a wine shop in Trento. Thanks to his passion and entrepreneurial talent, Bruno Lunelli succeeded in increasing production without ever compromising on quality.
Bruno Lunelli conveyed his passion to his sons; under the leadership of Franco, Gino and Mauro, Ferrari became the market leader in Italy and the nation’s celebratory wine par excellence.
The third generation of the Lunelli family is keeping the Ferrari dream alive. Marcello, Matteo, Camilla and Alessandro lead the company with the aim of combining innovation and tradition, taking Ferrari around the world as ambassadors of the Italian Art of Living.
Unexpected and original, Florio wines conquer through their luminous Mediterranean attributes, their fascinating history and their daring modernity.
Time, silence and patience. The rich complexity of Florio wines is gathered in each drop of pure pleasure.
The Azienda Agricola Caravaglio Antonino is located on the island of Salina, in the Aeolian archipelago, in an archipelago that is extraordinary because of its naturalistic beauty, its magnetic active volcanoes and the socio-ethno-anthropological charm of a culture that keeps the traditions linked to fishing and agriculture alive.
Nino (Antonino) Caravaglio comes from a historical family of Salina, the central island of the archipelago. In Salina, agriculture has always played a fundamental role, even surpassing that of fishing.
For centuries, the key products of the economy of this land were wine and capers.
Nino’s father collected 2500 kg of capers per year and produced red wine (nerello mascalese and cappuccio, perricone, calabrese, diavola …) that was sold as bulk wine or in wooden barrels, intended as blending wine for the Italian and French market.
Due to the early death of his father, it was the determination and sacrifice of his mother that supported Nino through schooling, at the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Catania. He inherited 2 hectares of vineyards and began his adventure in 1989, with the goal of developing the quality of the product.
Aiming at quality immediately meant an important choice: organic farming.
Today, the Azienda Agricola Caravaglio has about 20 hectares, divided into many parcels, some of which are on the other islands of the Aeolian archipelago as well.
Nino manages the entire supply chain, from production to sale of the bottled wine, with insights that have opened to innovative ways, without ever betraying history and traditions.
Carlo Hauner, of mixed background from Brescia who trasplanted himself in the Aeolian Islands, was the creator of the agricultural farm that carries his name.
After the dead of Carlo Hauner in 1996 the company is energetically led by his son Carlo.
Casanova di Neri is the outcome of a process of productive and philosophical evolution, a new vision of Brunello di Montalcino that interprets tradition in a different innovative way. A profound commitment and respect for the land, a conviction that it is the lynchpin for the production of unique wines and that the care given in treating the grapes in the winery according to their varying characteristics is what we value most.
Banfi was founded in 1978 thanks to the will of the Italian-American brothers, John and Harry Mariani.
From the beginning, the goal of the two brothers was to create a state-of-the-art winery combined with the most advanced science in the vineyards for the production of premium wines.
Together with the Mariani family, Ezio Rivella, one of Italy's foremost enologists, who understood that due to the richness of the soils and the privileged microclimatic position, the property would have great capacity of development.
In those years, the brothers, John and Harry, also purchased Bruzzone, a historic winery in Piedmont. Founded in 1860 and specialized in the production of sparkling wines, today is known as Banfi Piemonte.
The land on which the Castello dei Rampolla farm stands has been owned by the family since 1739. Much history has passed over these lands, but that of our family starts in the mid-1960’s with the dream of one man, Alceo di Napoli Rampolla, who wished to create a great wine. In 1975 our first bottles of Chianti Classico were produced. This was a time when Chianti Classico was struggling to assert itself and to earn the respect it deserved. Alceo then had an intuition and decided, with the help of a great winemaker Giacomo Tachis , to be the first in the area to plant Cabernet Sauvignon and to blend it with Sangiovese. This was the first of the Castello dei Rampolla revolutions, only a few years after the farms birth.
Ama takes its name from a small borgo, or agricultural hamlet, nestled in the hills at an altitude of almost 500 metres. Five centuries ago, it was the hub of a florid farming and winemaking business overseen by a group of local families. “The road from Radda leads to Amma, three miles away on a hill and home to the Pianigiani, Ricucci and Montigiani – the most prominent families in Chianti,” wrote Grand Duke Peter Leopold of Habsburg-Lorraine in his 18th-century Report on the government of Tuscany. “They are well-off country gentry that spend all their income on farming and vineyards, and take care of everything. The hills and valleys surrounding the castle of Amma are the most beautiful in all of Chianti, superbly tended with fertile grain fields, olive groves and magnificent vineyards.” The Grand Duke’s visit is commemorated by a plaque on one of the buildings in the borgo, which are now owned by the winery. CASTELLO DI AMA , the winery, was founded in the 1970s by a group of families who had fallen under the spell of this magical spot. They set themselves the task of reviving Ama’s past glories and of producing a Chianti Classico that would rank among the world’s most prestigious wines.
The history of Castiglion del Bosco dates back to 1100 A.D., amidst armed struggles and assaults. This corner of Tuscany also bears the imprint of great Sienese families, who settled and brought here the artistic genius of Pietro Lorenzetti, whose precious Annunciazione dei Santi (1345 A.D.) still adorns the hamlet’s tiny church. Agriculture always played a prominent role on this great estate: for over 800 years now, Castiglion del Bosco has been flourishing within the same boundaries, almost as a world apart. Here still stand its borgo, its school and stables, its crops and fields, its vineyards and olive groves.
In 1967 Consorzio del Brunello di Montalcino was established, and Castiglion del Bosco was one of its few founding members. In 2003, Castiglion del Bosco was restored to its former glory thanks to Massimo Ferragamo who, having fallen in love with the Capanna vineyard, bought the estate to fulfill his Tuscan dream. Today the wines of Castiglion del Bosco receive worldwide recognition for their excellence.
The quest of the brothers Bruno and Marcello Ceretto was to select vineyards in the most valuable positions historically. This idea came about during a trip to Burgundy, and would prove the family’s insight and see their Barolo and Barbaresco wines among the most popular in the world.
160 hectares of estate-owned vineyards, 4 wineries, 17 wines, 150 employees across the vineyards, winery and office, 5,000 clients including wine bars and restaurants in Italy, 60 countries of export. It has always been the region and the people that guide us: promoting the wines and unique characteristics of the Langhe, defending the soil and the terroir, and involving the people we work with are among the fundamental principles of our family business.
Vines have grown up with the vineyard of Saint-Emilion has produced wines of outstanding quality year after year, lapses after decade, since late antiquity ... they are some of the most acclaimed in the world - and the mythical Château Cheval Blanc is at their forefront.
The history of Château d’Yquem is like a novel, an epic saga full of events and colourful personalities spanning more than four centuries.
At the end of the 20th century, thanks to the impetus of Bernard Arnault, Château d’Yquem – a veritable monument, and among the greatest wines of France – was acquired by LVMH Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton. This marked a new chapter in the château's history.
The vineyards of Pomerol gradually developed between the 12th century and the French Revolution under the aegis of the knights of Saint-Jean of Jerusalem, Rhodes and Malta.
Château GAZIN, which was a hamlet in the 18th century, is located on the site of the Hospital of Pomeyrols, built by the knights to receive pilgrims on the Santiago de Compostela route.
Descended from the high lords of Landas, whose crest they bear, the Bailliencourt dit Courcols belong to the one of the oldest families of the Artois (north of France).
Laure (Madame Michel Dufour), Christophe, Inès and Nicolas de Bailliencourt. The descendants of Louis Soualle represent the 5th generation of vineyard owners both on the paternal and maternal side.
Designated a Premier Cru in the famous 1855 classification, Château Haut-Brion has an unusual history. The first authentic Bordeaux wine château is located on a terroir used for winegrowing since the first-century Gallo-Roman period. The first Bordeaux wine named after its terroir rather than its owner, Château Haut-Brion was the world's first luxury brand in 1521.
Thanks to its long history as one of Bordeaux's most prestigious wines, the estate has left its mark on the region for centuries.
Situated between Châteaux Lafleur and Petrus, Château La Fleur-Pétrus took its name in the 18th century. Jean-Pierre Moueix, who established his wine merchant business in Libourne in 1937, purchased La Fleur-Pétrus in 1950. This historic estate on the plateau of Pomerol was his first vineyard acquisition.
La Fleur-Pétrus is composed predominantly of Merlot, which lends silkiness and generosity to the wine, while a small percentage of Cabernet Franc contributes rigor and complexity.
The vineyard is made up of three parcels on the plateau of Pomerol with altitudes averaging 33 to 38 meters above sea level. The pebbly soils from the northern parcel yield a wine of great elegance with notes of black cherries. The center plot, known for its summer heat (the area is called “Tropchaud”), produces a wine of tremendous suppleness with a hint of plum. Wine from the southern parcel is particularly velvety, dense, structured, with a pronounced nose of blackcurrant.
Blended, these three singular terroirs with nuanced and complementary characteristics produce a generous, expressive wine with apparent structure and a dominance of black fruit.
Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) has made excellence in the vineyard and wine-making practices the basis of its growth. Château Lafite Rothschild was the start of the DBR (Lafite) Group. It was the first Château acquired by the Rothschild family in 1868 and inspires and guides the winegrowing practices at the various estates: the expertise and the tradition upheld for several generations by the Rothschild family are applied to all of the properties with the objective of producing high quality wines full of finesse and elegance in the “Lafite Spirit”.
“The Lafite Spirit” is based on a rich past and a tradition rooted in the Bordeaux soil, on the transmission of the ancestral know-how of men and women and on the excellence and refinement of the wines that they help to produce. “The Lafite Spirit” is also the pioneering spirit which has led the Group to open up to the world, by setting up on new terroirs outside France to produce quality wines there.
As from 1972, Baron Eric de Rothschild has given a new impetus to Château Lafite Rothschild, completing this quest for excellence, from the vineyard through to the cellars. He has also broadened the horizon of the estates through new acquisitions in France and abroad.
The estate’s reputation as a top quality wine producer took off in 1945 after a series of exceptional vintages. Since then, Lynch-Bages has continued to produce excellent wines, even during years considered difficult in the Bordeaux region. The wine’s deep colour and tannic backbone have become part of its signature style. Jean-Michel Cazes, grandson of Jean-Charles, has worked hard to develop and refine the wine’s supple and smooth structure over the years. Vintage after vintage, the estate’s precise and excellent winemaking techniques have served to firmly establish Lynch-Bages reputation for consistent quality.
In 1853 Baron Nathaniel de Rothschild, wishing to serve his own wine to his prestigious guests, buys Château Brane-Mouton at auction. The estate, at Pauillac in the heart of the Médoc, will henceforth bear his name: Château Mouton Rothschild.
The ambition of making Mouton a place of art and beauty can be seen everywhere. Outside, in the harmonious arrangement of buildings and open space, in the subtle play of perspectives, in the zen-raked pathways, in the peaceful symmetry of the two end-walls that frame the château, in the contrast between the vertical lines of Petit Mouton, a modest, ivy-covered, mansard-roofed Victorian residence built in 1885, and the horizontal lines of Grand Mouton, constantly enhanced and redesigned since the 1960s.
Petrus was born in 1920, the year in which Madame Loubat inherited a piece of land in Pomerol. The great potential of the Château was confirmed in 1964 when the famous négociant Jean Pierre Moueix became a co-owner.
A myth of world enology: born in lands north-east of Libourne that extend to the western part of Saint-Émilion.
It is recognized as the number one in the entire production area.
Like all great, it never disappoints, year after year. Maximizes the best qualities of Merlot to the full while remaining natural in the expression of the territory. It has a very intense color, and an extremely vast and complex range of aromas, ranging from red fruits to exotic spices. The truffle aroma is clear. Always very elegant, it has an extremely long aging potential.
The Biondi Winery was established at the end of the 1800s and reached its maximum expansion in the early 1900s thanks to the managerial commitment of Salvatore Biondi and the wine-growing experience of his brother Cirino (Ciro Biondi's grandfather) who together with another producer founded. the BIONDI & LANZAFAME.
At that time, BIONDI & LANZAFAME wines are exported to Europe and the United States. After the end of the Second World War for the Company a period of decline began, due to the failure to adapt to modern technologies and to the new post-war market.
Ciro and Stef Biondi started operating in 1999 restructuring the family vineyards with a fixed idea to resurrect these beautiful places. The only way to achieve this goal was to produce high quality wines that could make this activity sustainable. Out of this commitment and from the constant work was OUTIS.
3 vineyards and 3 CRUs, which the Biondi family preserves at least since the 1600s, from which a limited number of bottles will be produced that will express 3 terroirs very close in space but distant in character and taste notes.
The Cola estate was founded in 1985 thanks to the commitment of Battista Cola, although he was alone in the family when it comes to a passion for vineyards and wine production. Battista’s father Giovanni had already begun cultivating vines in the Franciacorta zone back in 1945, the year in which, upon returning from the war, he found that through his wine he was able to rediscover the joy of the little things in life made with care, such as hand cultivating his vines and hand picking every bunch, producing wine according to age-old advice, and waiting during the slow passage of time needed to ensure that every Franciacorta sparkling wine is good. Battista cherished these precepts and was able to use them to turn the estate into an authentic wine producer: Cola winery. Today the estate is run by Stefano, Battista’s son, who, with the same dedication, produces bottles of wine and Franciacorta sparkling wine of the highest quality with their characteristic bouquet and inimitable taste.
In 1960, 26 winegrowers from Colterenzio in Appiano founded their own cooperative in order to gain their independence from the wine merchants of the time. These rebels named the newly-founded cooperative after their homeland, the small hamlet of Schreckbichl, (Colterenzio in Italian). In their constant pursuit of top quality, the Colterenzio winemakers were also pioneers.
The 300 partner winegrowers of the Colterenzio winary are the backbone of the company. They work year-round on their wine hills with their families in order to supply us with top-quality wine grapes in autumn.
The extraordinary variety Sicily offers is a gift Cusumano welcome with devotion and transform into experience. Diversity is a virtue which they cultivate and share with passion.
Wine, just like people, shows a distinct personality when put in the right context. That’s why Cusumano have travelled all around Sicily in search of the most suitable lands for diverse and high-quality viticulture.
Dal Forno Romano Farm is a historic Veronese winery that produces Amarone, Valpolicella and Recioto.
For years, thanks to the commitment of the whole family, the company has achieved standards that are hard to match, with the persevering intent to offer unique emotions and pleasures.
Damilano is one of few traditional, ancient, ultra-centenary Barolo wine makers.
In fact, the Damilano family has been active since 1890 when Giuseppe Borgogno, the great-grandfather of the current owners, started farming and making wine from the family-owned vineyard in Barolo (Cuneo), the town in the Langhe area that the homonymous wine was named after; a beautiful and generous land that has been the heart of the vocation to produce the “king of wines” for centuries.
It wasn’t until the following generation, though, that Giacomo Damilano, the founder’s son-in-law, gave the current name to the winery. It was he who gave the stimulus to preserve the vines and apply constant innovation in the quality of the winemaking process, making the winery become a “jewel” to proudly pass on to his nephews, who manage the company since 1997.
Guido, Mario, and Paolo Damilano have been capable of giving new lymph and push to the family company, particularly giving value to the prince grape of the Langhe, the Nebbiolo, and specific terroirs, the Cannubi above all.
The grapes are de-stemmed but not crushed, then the must macerates on the skins in cement vats without the addition of any SO2. The length of maceration depends on the characteristics of the must; it can last from three to twenty days. Lengthier macerations are not part of their local culture. The wine is always drawn off by hand in order not to harm the skins. The wine then continues its journey in small cement vats until bottling, which comes usually two to three years later.
Made from only the best grapes, Dom Pérignon commitment to vintages is absolute. Each Vintage wine is created from the best grapes grown in one single year - a true challenge for a unique interpretation of the seasons, and for reinvention.
Each vintage embodies the total faith in the Power of Creation that is constantly renewed by Chef de Cave Vincent Chaperon.
The ancient culture of the vine gives its name to village, "Le Vau Breton" which Rabelaisien language, means "Cabernet Franc Valley ", a unique variety of red wine of Chinon.
After belonging to several owners, the Noblaie was acquired in 1952 by the Manzagol family. Today the third generation of winemakers is working with the same passion.
No one doubts that the Domaine has always produced the greatest wines of Burgundy and, by far, the best Pinot Noir in the world.
The minimum extension of the crus, the very old vines, the extremely low yield, the meticulous care, the constant search for perfection and the immense potential of the soil make these wines very rare and highly sought after for their concentration, great structure, the incredible length and supreme elegance and balance.
In 1825, pioneer Pierre Faiveley founded a merchant business in Nuits-Saint-Georges. His passion for trading and ageing wines soon led him to purchase his own vine parcels and establish a wine domaine in order to grow and produce his own wines.
Although the majority of Domaine Faiveley's wines are made from grapes grown at the domaine, the Faiveley family has nevertheless remained true to its merchant roots.
Over the years, the family has formed close relationships with a number of Burgundian families thereby allowing them access to the very best vine parcels.
Needless to say, these grapes are treated with the same care and attention as those grown at the Domaine. The wines are then sold under the 'Joseph Faiveley' label which represents the second generation of the family.
The family has developed the Joseph Faiveley label and signature for almost two hundred years and continues to select grapes using a strict and rigorous selection process.
Based in Meursault, Domaine Henri Boillot is strategically placed between Puligny-Montrachet and Volnay, the two appellations that have become its specialty. The domain has set itself a firm objective: to express, through its wines, the essence of the vines and their distinctive climates.
Volnay's fine, noble reds; Puligny-Montrachet's pure, elegant whites: two distinctive colours and two characters.
Father and son, with their personalities, work together today. Both make great wines: one in white, the other in red.
The philosophy of Olivier Leflaive is to produce simply great wines. There are no secrets to this – everything starts in the vines with good grapes. Olivier, Franck and their team are lucky to have strong relationships with some of the best winegrowers on the Côte, people who grow their vines with care and attention.
Although the quality of the harvest is key, vinification and ageing also play a major role in bringing out the essence of each appellation. Franck Grux and Philippe Grillet make it their daily task to ensure the quality of the wines and respect for the terroir. As such, the estate’s approach is to treat each cuvée individually.
The two families Rossignol and Trapet have a long wine tradition. The Rossignol family is a very old dynasty of vine growers in Volnay. The Trapet family originally settled on Chambolle-Musigny, settled in Gevrey-Chambertin more than a century ago now.
It was in 1990 that Jacques Rossignol and his two sons, Nicolas and David, created the Domaine Rossignol-Trapet located in Gevrey-Chambertin.
Owners of vineyards on the famous villages of the Coast are: Beaune, Savigny-les Beaune, and of course Gevrey-Chambertin.
A story centuries long, where the lives of heretics, jurists, men of the church and grape growers entwine. Great characters, great passions, and great wines from the countryside south of Siena, one of the most beautiful in the world that also maintains its oldest traditions.
In 2001 and 2002 Donatella Cinelli Colombini’s wineries at Fattoria del Colle and Casato Prime Donne were inaugurated.
The 34 hectares of vineyard were almost entirely replanted. And a sales network exporting wine to 38 countries was established.
Donnafugata was created in Sicily by a family that with passion has innovated the style and perception of Sicilian wine in the world.
Donnafugata now consists of a team of people increasingly focused on representing the excellence of Made in Italy all over the world – guided by the fifth generation of the family.
The name Donnafugata refers to the novel by Tomasi di Lampedusa entitled Il Gattopardo (The Leopard). A name that means “donna in fuga” (woman in flight) and refers to the story of a queen who found refuge in the part of Sicily where the company’s vineyards are located today. An adventure that inspired the corporate logo: the image of a woman’s head with windblown hair that dominates every bottle. Donnafugata labels are also works of art created or inspired by Gabriella Rallo, as are the names of the wines, an homage to art and literature.
The Duca di Salaparuta Group owns three historic wine brands that represent Sicily and Italy worldwide: Corvo and Duca di Salaparuta, founded in 1824, and Florio launched in 1833. Gathered into one group by the Reina family, the two companies together today constitute the largest private wine group in Sicily. They express the island’s history and its land through their suggestive Estates and the historic Marsala and Casteldaccia Wine Cellars... But above all through their wines.
The elegance of having chosen quality and naturalness since 1824. Duca di Salaparuta wines have an unmistakeable style and a meticulous care for details: they are created through a constant quest for innovation and a deep bond with their territories.
The Elio Grasso Estate, located in the municipality of Monforte d’Alba, has 42 hectares of land of which 24 are forests and meadows that surround the 18 hectares of vineyards, within the World Heritage site.
They believe that to be acknowledged first as grape farmers, and then as wine producers, is the best way to honour, and continue the labours of, those who have faced before their the challenges that working with nature and her products, like wine, entails. This, and a desire to be true to theirselves, prompts their propose, without presumption, the convictions and conduct shared by all Langhe farming families, characteristics worth preserving and which we believe make the difference.
For Francesco Fenech producing Malvasia delle Lipari is a family tradition.
Already his ancestors, back in '800, were responsible for this activity.
In 1996 Francesco Fenech decided to bottle his product until then sold by him and by his father Antonio in the cellar directly from the barrels.
Since then the company has adopted modern methods of cultivation of land planted with vines and modern machinery for winemaking, storage and bottling of the product.
In 1469 in the heart of Sicily, within the Principality of Villanova, the noble Aragonese family Abatellis called baglio (typical Sicilian construction with a quadrangular court). After six hundred years, Feudo Montoni wines are produced in the same cellars from the same lands.
At the end of 1800 the history of Feudo Montoni is linked to that of the Sireci family.
Fabio Sireci, for the past thirty years, continues the work of his grandfather and father, custodian of the ancient plants and their grapes.
The invention of tradition becomes the key to understanding every decision.
Firriato is a unit of measurement, a clear concept, the result of a business decision capable of transforming itself into promise and devotion. Recalling a production history that holds such importance for the world of high-quality Sicilian wine in a few brief lines could result in a rash and inadequate summary. Because Firriato is a company that is a living, warm-blooded organism that thrives on nature, identity and passion.
The history of this winery began in the mid-1800s, more precisely in 1849, when Matteo Foderà began making wine from his own vineyards in the family cellar in Contrada Giardinello.
The wine obtained from him and from the following four generations was sold, for over a century, to the tavernari of Trapani and to the local companies that used it as a base for Marsala wine.
Today it is Dario Foderà who represents the sixth generation of family winemakers.
The Conterno family works hard to produce uniquely elegant and prestigious wines in the heart of the Langhe.
In the heart of the Langhe, in the hamlet of Bussia di Monforte d’Alba, is Cascina Sciulun, a typical historic farmhouse, constructed according to Piedmont architectural traditions. Built in the mid-nineteenth century and extended in the 1940s, the house has always belonged to the Conterno family.
The company Franco Conterno has deep roots, and has been a part of the family for many decades. It was nonno Pietro who allocated 18 hectares of land to Nebbiolo vineyards, initially to sell to other wineries for vinification, later destined for the creation of prestigious wines.
Frank Cornelissen's farming philosophy is based on acceptance of the fact that man will never be able to understand nature’s full complexity and interactions. Farm and vineyards are located in Sicily, in the Northern valley of the active volcano Etna.
The northern valley is considered today Etna’s top area for single-vineyard (contrada) red wines like the “Côtes-de-Nuits” in Burgundy or Piemonte’s “Barolo” area.
The Fuligni Estate spreads over approximately one hundred fully-cultivated hectares of land in an almost continual strip on the eastern side of Montalcino where, historically, the most authentic production of Brunello emerged. The vines, which extend over ten hectares, are primarily located at Cottimelli at altitudes varying from 380 to 450 meters above sea level. Here, the land, which predominantly faces east, belongs entirely to the Santa Fiora (marl) geological formation of Eocene origin and is made up of a prevalently rocky terrain.
The Gaja winery was founded in 1859, in the heart of the Langhe in Barbaresco, where Nebbiolo often takes on the contours of poetry.
From the founder Giovanni to Angelo Gaja, this family has been able to establish itself in the world wine scene thanks to a very precise recipe: the search for quality.
The past as an experience, the future as an objective: thus Gaja has built around himself the image of a brand symbol of the greatness of Barbaresco and of a wine that knows how to tell the poetry of its own territory in the glass.
Through a shared passion for the countryside and farming, Dora and Maria Luisa together with Arturo, Roberto and Francesco, in 1991 began to produce a high quality wine with a dream to revive the ancient tradition of Campania’s noble vines. Roberto is no longer with us, but the work of the Galardi cellar is carried out in his memory in the search for the highest quality in wine making.
The Girolamo Russo estate was founded in 2005 by Giuseppe Russo, in memory of his late father. The family are native of Passopisciaro, one of the key villages at the heart of the rebirth of Etna’s most important grape variety, Nerello Mascalese.
This is the north face of Europe’s largest active volcano, Mount Etna, in the north-eastern corner of Sicily.
The Russos have 26 hectares of land in and around Passopisciaro, with 15 hectares of vineyards surrounded by olive and hazelnut groves. The vineyards are high up, between 650 and 780 metres above sea level, inland from the beautiful town of Taormina. Many of the free-standing bush vines are over 80 years old, surviving in harmony with Etna’s black, mineral-rich volcanic soil.
Giuseppe works the vineyards organically and makes the wines himself. He vinifies each parcel separately, seeking out their individual identities in a series of wines that reflect the diverse character of their terroirs.
Above Neumarkt, in the plain of Alto Adige, is the small village of Mazzon.
Framed by a magnificent cultural landscape, old farms and residences and the woods of the Trodena Horn natural park, this region is known as one of the best locations of Pinot Noir Italy far beyond the country's borders.
Since time immemorial, this terrace to the east of the Etschufers is also called the "Pinot Noir" of Italy.
They only cultivate traditional varieties indigenous to Mount Etna and aim to respect local traditions as well as the distinct characters of each vintage.
The land decides. They believe that only by listening carefully and responding to the expressions of Nature in their territory ca be great wines be born. Great because true.
Vito Catania is the witness of the family tradition of wine and oil making. He has expanded the land area he inherited and introduced innovative working practices. The wine farm is the result of a project that begun in 1996 with the precious collaboration of Salvo Foti.
Today the wine farm counts about 70 hectares of land planted with vines in the best parts of eastern Sicily.
The J. Hofstätter estate vineyards aptly demonstrate what can be considered the ace in the hand of the South Tyrol (Südtirol – Alto Adige) wine region: the exceptional diversity of terroir. J. Hofstätter is the only family wine estate that owns vineyards on both the west and the east banks of the Adige River. A total of 50 hectares (124 acres) are cultivated on the best slopes and steep sites of the broad valley. The winery is located in Tramin-Termeno and is one of the largest family wine estates in South Tyrol.
I Custodi are the keepers, the guardians of Mt. Etna’s vineyards: to guard means to preserve the land, to maintain the traditions and to respect the people.
From these values and from the love for a beautiful land, where the vine was brought by man more than two millennia ago, spring the wines of I Custodi, the result of the generosity and the minerality of the warm volcanic soil, the cold of the Muntagna and the sun of Sicily.
I Vigneri is today the name of a company of winegrowers and producers operating around Etna and in eastern Sicily. The proprietors are vine experts like Salvo Foti and a group of local growers from the Etna region.
I Vigneri is the culmination of more than 30 years experience in Eastern Sicily, of historic, social and technical research aimed at achieving "excellence" in wine growing and producing. We have sought to use non-invasive methods and systems, to respect local traditions and our own ancient grape varieties as far as possible, and to avoid the damage that over-reaching ambition and egoism can cause. Our work ethic lies in the pleasure of work well done, without frenzy, in harmony above all with ourselves, and with all that surrounds us: environment, nature, the volcano Etna, which is so much a part of us. I Vigneri is also a holistic system of grape growing and wine production which respects our environment.
Isole e Olena cultivates its own vineyards on the Chianti hills between the historic cities of Siena and Florence, in Tuscany. The mission has always been that of the quality and personality of the wines, including the Cepparello, produced as an expression of the peculiarities and uniqueness of the territory. In order to produce the best possible Sangiovese, elegant, fine and complex, the vineyards have been replanted in the most suitable areas.
Two men, brothers, who for twenty five years have quietly been pushing the boundaries in Champagne.
It’s the ties that bind. The ties that bind the present to the past. The ties that bind the roots to the earth. The ties that bind the vines to the sky and the ties that bind men to the land allowing them to follow their dreams and their convictions. It is also a constant quest, year on year, to seek to reveal the full expression of their terroirs, to make the best wine that each vintage allows.
Nei primi anni '60, Jean Diot creò lo champagne che avrebbe portato il suo nome.
Nel corso degli anni ha sviluppato un'azienda a conduzione familiare che ha mantenuto i suoi valori e le sue tradizioni.
Nel 1998 i suoi figli presero la gestione del vigneto a Vinay e continuarono a sviluppare vini di champagne, lavorando meticolosamente sulle vigne piantate sulle pendici meridionali di Epernay e della valle della Marna.
Silvio Jerman is the winemaker that is most representative of Friuli Venezia Giulia. His wines may be much talked about, criticized or loved, but one thing is certain: they can be found all over the world. Though Silvio is still far from his fifties, he has already gained extensive experience, and not only in Italy: the success and great results he enjoys today derive from years and years of hard work and commitment. The wineries and the estate are spectacularly picture perfect in every detail: the wines, pleasant and refreshing with exceptional length are the mirror of their winemaker.
Behind every precious drop of Krug stands the dream of a visionary. One man who, long before others, understood that the essence of Champagne is pleasure.
So, over 170 years ago, Joseph Krug broke with convention to follow his vision. To create the most generous expression of Champagne every year, regardless of climatic unpredictability.
Joseph’s bold experiment proved a triumph and he succeeded in creating Champagne like never before. And like no other Champagne House since.
To this day, the House of Krug lives and breathes his enduring philosophy, creating only prestige Champagnes since 1843.
The farm La Rasine borns in the 70’s by Santi Mantengoli, but just in the second half of the 80’s, through the successor Vasco, the work was directed towards the winemaking activities. Since 1988 the company focused more on this area which in Montalcino was evolving rapidly; many investments both in the vineyards and in the cellar , have led the company to the current situation. Since 1997 the company is led by Marco Mantengoli, young wine technician, which placed its new ideas and modern technology and decades of experience handed down by his father.
Passion, creative boldness, free spirit and elegance through simplicity are the founding values of the House.
At Laurent-Perrier, passion guides the hand. An unrivalled creator of style and emotions since 1812, Laurent-Perrier suits every occasion and offers a unique experience for all senses through its innovative and comprehensive range of champagnes.
Laurent-Perrier shares an epicurean vision with champagne lovers all over the world and has no higher ambition than to demonstrate an elegant Art de Vivre à la française, charged with emotion.
Massimo Lavarini, the current owner of the Company, is now continuing the family business with passion and enthusiasm.
Le Chiuse has very ancient origins.It was in fact part of the Biondi Santi family properties and was brought as a dowry by Maria Tamanti when she married Clemente Santi in the lasts 1700s their daughter Caterina merried Jacopo Biondi and Their son Ferruccio (Simonetta Valiani's great grand father) , joined the names in Biondi Santi. Ferruccio was in war with Garibaldi and after that he continued his grandfather work enhancing the value and selecting the vines to obtain this particular clone of San Giovese (Grosso) called Brunello.
Dating back to the beginning of the 1980s, Le Macchiole is one of the historic wineries in Bolgheri, and over the years, it has become a reference point for quality Tuscan wine. Founders Eugenio Campolmi and Cinzia Merli were among the region’s pioneers, and they contributed in a significant way to Bolgheri’s growing fame thanks to their work in creating wines full of character and personality that have become a symbol of the region. Today, Cinzia runs the winery with the essential support of her sons Elia and Mattia, who have become an important presence at the winery, together with a close team of enthusiastic colleagues. They have become one big family that never ceases to innovate and surprise themselves and one another. Ever changing in order to remain faithful to its original vision, Le Macchiole is in continuous evolution thanks to a careful, contemporary reading of wine and terroir. The conviction to pursue organic farming and an increasingly sustainable approach; a style that has become more and more defined, favoring refinement and elegance; and authenticity and personality have all become the defining characteristics of an historic winery that is nonetheless always moving forward, and always aware of the times.
Le Ragnaie winery is the property of Riccardo and Jennifer Campinoti who with the collaboration of their indispenable staff follow with meticulous attention every phase of the winemaking process. Always striving to produce a product of the highest quality while respecting the surrounding land.
This small estate on the northern slope of Mount Etna was established by Marco de Grazia, owner of the nearby Tenuta delle Terre Nere.
“Establishing Le Vigne di Eli - Marco says - was effortless. A simple act of love towards my little daughter Elena (Eli)".
The cuvées of the House of Louis Roederer are the fruit of patient work
with fundamental ingredients, the collaboration of experts, a quest for the perfect balance, and hardy and generous grapes, cultivated in the Champagne soil, producing a wine with a summery character and crystalline elegance.
When Vittorio Frescobaldi – in the early Nineties – met Robert Mondavi, they gave life to a new chapter in the history of the great Tuscan wines, in the history of fine wines.
From that meeting, came Luce.
It all started from the desire to make a dream come true: create excellent wines from Tuscany in a particularly suitable terroir, Montalcino.
An ambitious project called Luce della Vite, a tribute to this primary element that gives warmth, energy, and life: in nature, nothing would exist without light.
Over the years, Tenuta Luce honoured this vision and became a cradle where exclusive wines are born, wines that earned a widespread, international appreciation among the great wines from Tuscany.
The history of the Frescobaldi family starts over a thousand years ago and is closely connected with the history of Tuscany. At the high point of medieval Florence, the Frescobaldis spread their influence as bankers, earning the title of treasures to the English crown. A little later, with the flowering of the Renaissance, they became patrons of major works in Florence, such as the construction of the Santa Trinita bridge and the Basilica of Santo Spirito.
For generations creativity and a quest for excellence have inspired the Frescobaldi family.
The Antinori family has been committed to the art of winemaking for over six centuries since 1385 when Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member, of the “Arte Fiorentina dei Vinattieri”, the Florentine Winemakers’ Guild. All throughout its history, twenty-six generations long, the Antinori family has managed the business directly making innovative and sometimes bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for traditions and the environment.
Each vintage, each plot of land, each new idea to be advanced is a new beginning, a new pursuit for achieving higher quality standards. As Marchese Piero loves to say: “Ancient family roots play an important part in our philosophy but they have never hindered our innovative spirit.”
A long lasting bond unites the Mazzei family with Tuscany and wines since the XI century.
Ser Lapo Mazzei is the author of the first known document to use the "Chianti" denomination in 1398; in 1435, when his granddaughter Madonna Smeralda Mazzei married Piero di Agnolo da Fonterutoli, the holding became part of the family's estate. Since then, for 24 generations, the Mazzei family produces wine at Castello di Fonterutoli, which even after its recent expansion still remains the beating heart of the company.
Bukkuram, from the Arabic “father of the vineyard”, is the name defining the area of Pantelleria preferred in ancient Arab times for the cultivation of Zibibbo grapes (Muscat of Alexandria). It is here, on the only plateau with a South-West exposure on the island, that both vineyard and winery are located, on an area of almost five hectares of land (that is 9 ac), at 200 m above sea level (656 ft), where our wine cellar is hosted in a historic dammuso (typical farmhouse) of the 18th century. The vineyard is trained as low, free-standing bushes with the “alberello pantesco” system, declared by the UNESCO World Heritage agricultural practice on 2014.
It is also here, in 1984, that Marco De Bartoli first bottled his passito wine that, as a tribute to the charming surroundings, took the name of Bukkuram, a moscato passito of Pantelleria proud to have awaken from a long hibernation the interest for a dessert wine that even Greek mythology counts among its legends.
Always in Pantelleria, in 1989, Marco decided to start the production of a new wine. He, therefore, selected Zibibbo grapes in the northern and more shaded areas of the island, more suitable to the production of white fresh wines and able to confer a higher acidity and lower sugar to the grapes. It is in Cufurà district, a three hectares vineyard (7 ac) located on a terraced slope at 350 m above sea level (1,150 ft), that Pietranera was born, a dry white wine with an intense aromatic complexity, one of a kind.
Masciarelli Tenute Agricole was established in 1981 from the entrepreneurial intuition of Gianni Masciarelli, a symbol of Italian wine and protagonist of the success of modern wine production in Abruzzo. The beating heart of the winery is in San Martino sulla Marrucina, in the province of Chieti, and includes vineyards and olive groves, in all 4 provinces of Abruzzo.
In the constant and renewed work for innovation, but with respect for the environment and tradition, Masciarelli inaugurated, after a long restoration, Castello di Semivicoli, a seventeenth-century baronial mansion, which is now a Relais de Charme in the vineyards, a driving force of wine tourism in the area.
Masseto is a very special wine, one that simply goes beyond the excellence of the wine. It represents a unique world, a choice that is exquisitely sensitive to the values incarnated by the earth and man’s labors thereon.
The first wine produced and released from the Masseto vineyard was the 1986 vintage. It was simply called “Merlot“. The name of Masseto then appeared on the label with the 1987 vintage.
Masseto is a wine of great and complex personality where its remarkable structure always combine with beautiful elegance. Naturally each vintage has its own identity and exemplifies, for the enjoyment of its aficionados, the stunning possibilities of interpretations which climate variations offer: noble opulence for the 2001, dense tannic structure for the 1988, or great elegance for the 2007…
So each vintage of Masseto is one and yet, at the same time, a piece of a whole . A single testimonial of the unique alliance of terroir, climate, and human talent which defines Masseto, as well as an inspiring evidence of Masseto’s timeless value.
The history of the Massolinos and their wine became entwined with the history of Serralunga d’Alba in 1896, when Giovanni founded the Estate. Giovanni was the very first person to bring the electric current to the village. An enterprising, tenacious and creative man, progenitor of a family that has made the combination of inspiration and tradition something to be proud of.
The first wine cellar was built by Giuseppe, son of the founder Giovanni, who, together with his sister Angela, extended his estate into the best soils and, in 1934, was one of the founders of the Consortium for the Defence of Barolo and Barbaresco. At that time, Giuseppe had six children. Three of them, Giovanni, Camilla and Renato, followed in their father’s footsteps, expanding the estate with the purchase of cru vineyards which are authentic jewels: Margheria, Parafada and Vigna Rionda.
Tradition and discipline. Lightness and passion. Care for the landscape, art and community. Sustainability and experimentation. With a pop art stroke and a carefree touch.
Since 1956, Michele Chiarlo has been vinifying the essence of Piedmont, loving and developing one of the most incredible wine region in the world.
Michele Satta is one of the protagonists of Bolgheri's wine history.
His winery, a reference point in Castagneto Carducci.
The legendary Moët & Chandon is celebrating 270 years as the world’s most loved champagne. For over a quarter of a millennium, the renowned French winemaker has been sharing the magic of champagne across the globe. Every glass overflows with the House’s hallmark values of history, generosity, savoir-faire, success, boldness and elegance—values still at the heart of its global appeal.
Toward the end of the 18th century, Jean-Remy Moët, grandson of founder Claude Moët, became famous as the man who introduced champagne to the world. The important figures of the era, from the Marquise de Pompadour to Talleyrand to Napoleon quickly fell in love with the House’s effervescent wine. Moët & Chandon was soon the icon of success and elegance that it remains to this day.
The company was born in 1991, when Virginio Molino, originally from San Damiano d’Asti and always in the world of wine, bought together with his sons Tommaso, Franco and Dario a small parcel at Treiso and a wine making facility.
Dario, the youngest brother, graduates at the eonology school, while Tommaso and Franco bring their practical experiences.
In 2012, Stefano Cappuccio joins the 3 brothers, bringing is international manager experience.
The company owns today 16 hectars of vineyards, producing wines appreciated in national and international market.
The Monte Rossa is an historical wine producing company in which the country tradition blended harmoniously with technology and in which the artisan care and the very passionate research for excellence have been managed with great diligence and entrepreneurial behaviour , without compromises.
In 1972, the entrepreneur Paolo Rabotti with the precious help of his wife Paola, took up the way of vine growing.
This has been a very positive and forward-looking choice that still today is carried on with great enthusiasm and innovative attitude by their son Emanuele.
The Monte Rossa story is filled with strategically winning decisions, for example the decision of leaving as first Company the production of no-sparkling wines in favour of the research of the Franciacorta excellence or the decision to invest in technology with great determination, and furtherly the continuous research, tests and trials for which our Company is distinguished among the others.
Today the Monte Rossa Company manages 70 hectars of vineyards. The different locations of cru on plots with different exposition contribute to increase the aromatic richness of grapes in such a way to make up very rich cuvée under the frame and complexity aspect. The Company production is 500.000 bottles approx. per year.
The winery vaunts a century of history and from one generation to the next has always revealed its feisty character and successful insight – two aspects that have given these wines the chance to express all their potential.
The business was opened in 1897, when Aprica-born Nino Negri married Amelia Galli, later setting up his winery in Chiuro.
A place where the land in the evening becomes redish and is brushed by the Ibleian winds and leans on one side of a road: the County Road 68. A county road like many others, but with a special past. It was once a stone narrow path; three thousand years ago it connected Gela to Kamarina, it travelled- as it still does - through the Cerasuolo di Vittoria roads hills and from Caltagirone continued to Catania and Lentini.
The vineyard here enlarges and it stoops onto the limestone base of the area, the vineyards are twenty years old if not more, and the court on which the wineries raise themselves is able to trap all the strength of the Ibleian sun.
It was the oldest wine route ever documented. That road was used by generations of farmers to bring their own wine to the coast.
From its position on the hillside close to Bolgheri, The Ornellaia estate lies hidden in the foothills around Bolgheri that face the Mediterranean coast. The cool maritime breeze caresses this exceptional Estate and its surrounding olive groves throughout the summer months. During the winter the hills give protection from the cold northern winds.
Ornellaia believes that wines should be the truest expression of the terroir from which they come. The diverse nature of the Estate’s soils – marine, alluvial and volcanic – coupled with this maritime climate create an environment in which red and white varietals can express themselves to the full. This myriad of individual parcels of vines fit into this unspoilt landscape like a mosaic, creating a unique expression of beauty and complexity in an exceptional place. While experience, skill and determination have all played their part in enhancing the quality and reputation of Ornellaia, it is the Estate itself that is continual source of inspiration, suggesting unique and exciting ways to capture its natural generosity.
It all started way back in 1886, when Paolo Conterno founded the Casa della Ginestra, dedicated to the production of Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto wines. An indefatigable worker with a mind of great intuition, he devoted the most favourable parts of the Ginestra hillside to the growing of the grapes, subdividing them by type, exposure and terrain. Furthermore, he had the foresight to predict the existence of a market of connoisseurs of superior quality products, selling his own wine in wooden kegs and produced by himself in his own cellar. Paolo was succeeded by his son Carlo and his wife Giuseppina. The company was subsequently run by Paolo and Caterina Conterno and today the company is managed by their son Giorgio.
Parusso's family goal is to produce very elegant, fine, well-balanced wines with a strong identity that reveal all the experiences, lessons, and values we have learned over the course of time.
In 2000 Andrea Franchetti decided to restore an old farm and cellars on the slopes of Mount Etna, an active volcano in northeastern Sicily.
The winery sits at about a thousand meters of altitude above the small wine town of Passopisciaro in the district of Castiglione di Sicilia, on the northern slope of the volcano.
His first task was to clear and restore long-abandoned terraces of ancient vines on the northern slopes of the mountain, replanting at a density of 12,000 vines per hectare on thin lavic soil. His arrival on Etna helped to initiate the renaissance of viticulture on the mountain and an international discovery of the wines of Etna.
Since 1811, the House of Perrier-Jouët has created wines with a unique signature, floral, stylish and diamond-cut.
Two centuries of heritage handed down in the House cellars, like craftsmen jealously passing on their precious wisdom from father to son. A House of Craftsmanship.
The last two centuries have seen only seven Cellar Masters preserving the secrets of a unique style.
A swirl of Japanese anemones engraved on a bottle in 1902 marked the first association between Perrier-Jouët and Art Nouveau. The story continues to unfurl to this day, infusing poetry and beauty into daily life.
The Petrolo Estate is run by the Bazzocchi-Sanjust family arrived at its 4th generation and focuses its activity in the production of Fine Wines, connected to their territory thanks to vines of Sangiovese, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Petrolo doesn't make basic wines, only great wines. The winery has been improving in recent years following this idea, only aiming towards labels that could guarantee high quality and that could represent a coherent identity of the Estate. Making great wines is a complex challenge, a coincidence of circumstances are needed: special pedoclimatic conditions, awareness and delicate work in the vineyard and in the cellar and finally, a good dose of luck.
Father-son team Philippe and Pierre Alliet are the proprietors of this small domaine in Cravant-les-Côteaux, home to some of the best Cabernet Franc vineyards in the Loire Valley. Considered by many to be one of the finest producers in Chinon, the Alliets are part of a new generation of Loire winemakers dedicated to low yields, optimally ripe fruit, and fastidious vineyard management.
Each year, this domaine raises the bar for what is possible with Cabernet Franc in Chinon. They effortlessly display the privileged terroir and winemaking excellence that their family possesses, while also maintaining a deliciousness that allows the wines to be enjoyed young or after decades of aging.
Pietrodolce was established in 2005 and found its home in Solicchiata, an area within the district of the Sicilian hill town of Castiglione di Sicilia on the Northern slopes of Etna.
The vineyards extend over an area of 11 hectares at a height of between 600 and 900 feet above sea level and are divided into three sections, two of which fall within the territory of Rampante and one in the territory of Zottorinoto.
For five centuries and through seventeen generations, Planet's family has been involved with the course of agricultural evolution in the complex land of Sicily, with an approach always inclined to openness and innovation. Where too often the agricultural world has been confined to ancient ideas of social tradition and production processes, instead we have inherited, from each generation, an instinct to change and to generate positive changes around us, both with people and in the culture.
Two different generations – brothers and sisters, children, nieces and nephews – work together since then, with the perfect understanding that derives not only from harmony of character and complementing of abilities, but above all from the unity of vision; love for this land, the desire to protect it and the capacity to imagine every day a new way to appreciate it.
Podere Brizio is a young company with an old history.
To enter Podere Brizio is to enter a “new old” world, a world where wine isn’t just “produced”, but where every single grape is lived.
The Grattamacco winery is located about an hour away by road from Castello ColleMassari. It dates back to 1977 and it lies on a rise between Castagneto Carducci and Bolgheri, enjoying a panoramic view of the Tuscan coast. The Grattamacco vineyards are located at an altitude of about 100m above sea level, in a wonderfully protected position over one of Bolgheri's only two hills. Its neighbours in this location are those other wineries that, along with Grattamacco, make the name Bolgheri internationally renowned.
This area benefits from a dry climate with considerable temperature fluctuations and is famous for its great wines. Unlike other Tuscan wine-producing areas, such as Chianti or Montecucco, Sangiovese is still also cultivated here, but increasingly less frequently. The central types are the Bordeaux-Blend types: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Cabernet Franc. So, all robust red wine types from which robust and long-lasting wines are vinified. The property has been part of the ColleMassari Group since 2002.
Fine Wines from a Great Land.
The vineyards are distributed between the Langa and the Roero and include some of the best crus of the Barolo area.
Querce Bettina is a family owned and run farm on the southwest slopes of Montalcino at an altitude of around 440m above sea level. Husband and Wife team Sandra Barenghi and Roberto Moretti bought the 29ha estate in 1990 and following years of research into the terrain they planted 2.4ha of precious Sangiovese in 1999.
Their aim from the start was to create two exceptional wines: Rosso di Montalcino DOC and Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, and this was realised in 2009 when the Querce Bettina wines were first released.
They have subsequently developed their range releasing limited quantities of Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG in exceptional years and an IGT Toscana, as well as an estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a Preserve made from Brunello grapes.
Founded in 1974, Querciabella enjoys the acclaim of the world’s most discriminating critics and consumers for its exquisite range of biodynamic wines including Camartina, Batàr, Palafreno, Querciabella Chianti Classico and Mongrana.
In its uncompromising pursuit of quality, sustainability and authenticity,
Querciabella has continually honed its approach to biodynamic viticulture for over a decade. With vineyards located throughout Tuscany’s Chianti Classico and Maremma areas,
Thanks to Sebastiano Cossia Castiglioni’s vision and leadership, Querciabella exemplifies the preservation of tradition through forward-thinking, albeit completely natural, winemaking.
The hard work.
The original elements in Radikon's wines.
Quite simply, Roagna's family has always worked in the vineyards.
Today Alfredo and Luca Roagna, father and son, work everyday to care for each vine. Each vine is treated as an individual who year after year evolves to express the unique characteristics of our terroir.
They work tirelessly taking care of every single stage of the process from the vineyard to the bottle.
In the cellar after all the work they have done with selection and crushing, we also personally bottle and label the wine and prepare each box for shipping to our clients around the world.
Each and every bottle of wine is handled at least six times before leaving winery by Alfredo or Luca.
They do not have have any other winemakers or agricultural specialists who work with us as we try only to interpret each vineyard with their generations of family experience.
The winery was founded in 1986 in La Morra, a village in the heart of the Langhe, always known for its vineyards, some of which were mentioned in the municipalities books since 1350.
The lands of Roberto Voerzio in La Morra are famous for The Reds that the Winery produce.
Founded in 1729 Ruinart is the oldest Maison de Champagne.
At its origin there is the intuition of a monk able to anticipate the times: Dom Thierry Ruinart.
On September 1, 1979, the merchant of Reims, Nicolas Ruinart, opened his first account book dedicated to vin de bulles.
This gave birth to a company that has continued to grow and prosper for almost 300 years.
Simply put, it is a grand vin... with bubbles.
Salon is a unique Champagne. All the emphasis in the production of this exceptional wine is on the singular. It was originally the product of one single man, Aimé Salon; from one single region, the Côte de Blancs; from one single cru, le Mesnil-sur-Oger; from one single grape variety, Chardonnay; and from one single vintage, with no blending whatsoever.
Created in 1911 with first vintage 1905, Champagne Salon is the creation of one man, a champagne connoisseur enchanted then seduced by the terroir of Le Mesnil.
This Champagne is produced from a one-hectare parcel owned by Salon: "Salon’s garden", and from 19 other smaller parcels in Mesnil-sur-Oger, chosen by Aimé Salon at the beginning of the century.
The wines are cellared in the bottle for an average of 10 years, gaining in complexity and finesse.
Today, the house of Salon, along with its ancient neighbour and sister, Champagne Delamotte (the fifth oldest Champagne house, founded in 1760) are directed by one man, Didier Depond.
Salvatore Murana has always had a passion for wine, since childhood he has breathed, seen, lived harvest and vinification. This "infantile love" has become, intuitively before and then consciously, "life choice". Thus the first nucleus of what would later become the Salvatore Murana Vini agricultural company was born in the 70s.
San Giorgio e il Drago is located in a square in the historic center of Randazzo, a small town perched on the slopes of the Etna volcano.
A small gem that produces only Etna.
The Domaine Sick-Dreyer is located in the heart of the Alsatian vineyard, in the village of Ammerschwihr less than 10 minutes from Colmar and right next to the medieval town of Kaysersberg. Wine producers for over 450 years, have always been committed to extracting the best from their terroirs and their vineyards.
The history of the Soldera Case Basse® winery began in the early 1970s.
Gianfranco and Graziella Soldera nurtured a project to produce a high-quality natural wine and knew they could only achieve this if they found a terroir with certain essential features.
When they discovered Case Basse, they knew they had found what they were looking for: an enchanting estate which lay uncultivated and abandoned at the time. Instinctively realising the potential of the place and bowled over by the beauty of the landscape, Gianfranco and Graziella decided to set up their winery here and planted the first vines between 1972 and 1973, carefully choosing the plots most suitable for growing Sangiovese.
It is thanks to the passion, dedication and care they devoted to this land that an extremely high-quality natural wine appreciated all over the world has been produced at Case Basse since the mid-1970s.
Working at the winery alongside Gianfranco and Graziella, is their daughter Monica and her husband Paolo who, together with Monica’s brother Mauro, have learned from their parents’ experience and carry it forward to guarantee continuity in their tradition, towards the future.
The Speri Winery, one of the historical families of Valpolicella, is an authoritative and faithful interpreter of Valpolicella Classica wines that has become, due to its uninterrupted traditions and strong territorial roots, a landmark in Italian winemaking.
The Speri Winery, with a story that begins in the first half of the 1800s, has now entered its seventh generation making wine from about 60 hectares of vineyards in the most select Valpolicella Classica areas.
The Winery strength has always been, and still is, a matter of teamwork, today engaging three generations – Carlo, Alberto, Giampaolo, Giampietro, Laura, Chiara, Luca and Giuseppe – that manage all stages of production activities, from the vineyard to the bottle.
In 2015, after practicing years of sustainable farming, the Winery achieved organic certification for all of the production.
The Speri family, respecting its territorial heritage, has always cultivated exclusively the native grape varieties of the Valpolicella zone (Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara and other indigenous varieties), making wine only from grapes coming from its own vineyards and itself overseeing the entire production process.
Tasca d'Almerita: 200 years of slow maturation.
In addition to the historical estate, Regaleali, we now have Capofaro on Salina, in the Aeolian islands; Tascante on Mount Etna; Whitaker on Mozia in the province of Trapani; and Sallier de La Tour in the DOC Monreale area. Each of these estates has a story to tell, each one recounts a different Sicily.
The wines of Tenuta di Castellaro are born from the love for a unique territory and from the desire to recover it to give life to a project made of earth, vineyard and people, in an extreme synthesis of purity.
The millenary tradition of sapling cultivation requires almost total manual processing of the vineyard, which requires dedication, passion and experience, strength and generosity.
Massimo Lentsch and Stefania Frattolillo, entrepreneurs from Bergamo, have been guided by the love for the wonderful Island of Lipari, to create a true work of art. The Tenuta di Castellaro winery is a pure expression of the volcanic territory of the Aeolian Islands, magical and uncontaminated places that have welcomed a dream, transforming it into a unique reality.
Tenuta delle Terre Nere is the fruit of over 30 years of passion and work in the world of fine wine.
And an extraordinary location, as well - this "island within an island" that is the Etna - a place where nature is prodigal but also severe.
With respect, care and hard farm work, always in organic balance.
Located in a remote corner of southeastern Tuscany, Tenuta di Trinoro specializes in rich, age-worthy red wines made of Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petit Verdot. The 200-hectare estate sits in viticultural isolation in the Orcia Valley near Sarteano, where Tuscany meets Umbria and Lazio.
Owner and winemaker Andrea Franchetti acquired the property in the 1980s and in the beginning of the 1990s started planting his first vines. The most important lesson he gleaned from a stint in Bordeaux was the crucial role played by terroir. He saw, in the rough woodland that would become Trinoro,clay-limestone and gravel soils reminiscent of those in Saint-Émilion. Only select parcels were suitable for vine-growing, amid a sea of blue clay, and those he cleared by hand and planted in the style of the Bordelais: high-density, meter-by-meter plantings, with cuttings brought over from some of the region’s great estates.
Tight planting, high thinning, very low yields, extreme ripeness, and concentration of flavor characterize his winemaking style. The wines are highly perfumed and opulent, at once approachable and meant to be left to develop in the bottle over time.
The property was purchased by Ferruccio Lamborghini in the late 60s that traveling in these areas, fell in love with the rugged hills landscape at the same time. He abandoned the famous car manufacturing activity he decided to return to his roots: agriculture.
The total area is 100 hectares, divided between a 9-hole golf course, a farm and winery of 32 hectares.
They started to plant different varieties both red berry that white grape: in addition to the classic Sangiovese and Ciliegiolo, went also to unusual varieties at that time, such as Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
In the mid-90s Patrizia Lamborghini succeeded in the management, continuing and even strengthening, the father’s ambition to produce high quality wines. Since then most of the vineyards have been replanted removing the white varieties and preferring Sangiovese and Merlot. Present the new vineyards at high density of selected clones spanning over 20 hectares.
The extreme search for quality and the desire to highlight the characteristics of the territory have meant that, since 1997, the production, the management of the vineyards to the wine run, suffer a radical change that generated red wines of the highest quality.
It is said that in the Middle Ages pilgrims coming from the Middle East and direct to Santiago de Compostela in Spain, passed from Sicily to reach the Via Francigena, passing from the territory of San Giaime (dialect translation of the Spanish name “Jaime” which it was called the Spanish Saint).
The legend says that among other items, the pilgrims donated Syrah vines from Persia to the locals, to thank them for their hospitality.
The passion for this type of red wine was transmitted for generations arriving to Mr. Gaetano Cicco, grandfather of Alessio, and his family.
Only with passion you can obtain something special.
The same passion that Alessio inherited from his grandfather Gaetano during the long summers in Sicily, when, already as a child, learned the different cycles of the vineyard trough the seasons.
Study and travels around the world have increased his desire to do not remain trapped in the stereotypes of a classic farming culture, reinforcing his desire to innovate starting from the origins.
Consequently his wine is not “built” according to the needs of the global industry, but is a natural wine that restores dignity to his homeland and to the entire Sicily.
Tenuta San Guido is named after the Saint Guido della Gherardesca who lived during the XI century. It is located on the Tyrrhenian coast, between Leghorn and Grosseto, in Maremma an area made famous by Italian Nobel prize winner Giosuè Carducci, and it stretches for 13 km from the sea to the hills.
The latter have been given their own DOC, the DOC Bolgheri Sassicaia, the first, and so far only case in Italy of a DOC contained in one estate.
The wedding of Mario Incisa della Rocchetta and Clarice della Gherardesca on October 18th 1930 started it all.
They shared a love for thoroughbred horses that made them form a partnership with horse breeder and trainer Federico Tesio. Mario Incisa's love of good wine made him plant Cabernet vines in 1942 for what was to become Sassicaia. Seventeen years later the Bolgheri Bird Sanctuary becomes Italy's first private nature preserve.
The seals Lombardo are the work of more than half a century and the passion for the land of his father Giuseppe and Salvatore sons, Gianfranco and Roberto.
Over the years the family has cultivated vineyards in the various estates and their fruits have been popular not only in their own land. Just the awareness of producing wines with high personality, drove in 2006 the brothers to complete the entire production cycle.
The company's mission today is the exploitation of its territory and the productions that are achieved and to be a leading company in the production of wine from Sicily center.
Sua Altezza is 'the name of the estate as company representative; the Lombardo family, in 2013, has recovered and restored an ancient farmhouse where for decades there was the rural life and in particular the production of wine.
Seeking and finding excellence, emerging from the temporary patterns of fashions linked to taste; to recover vines strongly rooted in their territory and sometimes forgotten; work to achieve, always and in any case, the rare pleasure of uncompromising quality: this is the philosophy behind Theresa Eccher's project.
Tommasi Viticoltori (Tommasi vintners) is a family viticultural company founded in 1902.
It is situated in Pedemonte, in the heart of Valpolicella Classico region, a small piece of land in the North – West part of Verona, between the plains and Lessini mountains and near Garda lake.
From grandfather Giacomo’s tiny vineyard, the Tommasi estate has grown steadily over the course of years and today owns vineyards and estates in four different Italian regions: Tommasi Viticoltori and Filodora Estate in Veneto; Tenuta Caseo in Oltrepò Pavese in Lombardy; Casisano in Montalcino and Poggio al Tufo in Maremma Tuscany; Masseria Surani in Manduri,a Puglia.
The estate is run by the 4th generation of the family, nine members working together in complete harmony, each with his well defined area of responsibility.
The beginning of the cultivation of the vine, with the production of wine, by the Tornatore family dates back to 1865 when the current great-grandfather owner took up the agricultural activity. The Tornatore family has always had a detailed knowledge of the territories of the municipality of Castiglione di Sicilia since the grandfather Giuseppe and the uncle Giovanni are named cadastral signs in the early 1930s, accompanying the surveyor to examine particles, to define boundaries and names of the districts. The construction of an oil mill annexed to the millstone also dates back to that period, which was active, in the various technological evolutions, until the 1970s. A family therefore with deep roots in the territory of origin, which in subsequent generations, has never neglected the attachment and respect of the same and of traditions.
In 1984 Rita and Virgilio realized their lifelong dream purchasing the property that became Tua Rita. The landscape and buildings on this property were a mere setting for living in contact with nature whilst farming their beloved land. Their overwhelming passion for wine actually changed their plans.
The original two hectares of vineyards have been cultivated meticulously since the beginning, this rigorous and passionate care collocated Tua Rita among the most successful producers labeled as “vins de garage”. In less than a decade they had extended the property up to nine hectares, then twenty; nowadays the totality of the planted vines includes thirty hectares.
Growth has been driven by Rita and Virgilio’s enduring enthusiasm and an ever-deepening awareness of the potential of this estate in the area, between the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Colline Metallifere, known as Val di Cornia.
It is an estate with a unique feature that makes it stand out from all the others in the Montalcino area: three vineyards, situated in the three different exposures of Montalcino, with very different soils from each other.
The valorisation of these three vineyards and the enhancement of their characteristics led to the creation of three selections of Brunello in 2014: Vigna del Lago (from grapes grown in the vineyard to the north), Vigna Spuntali (from grapes grown in the vineyard to the southwest) and Poggio al Granchio (from grapes grown in the vineyard to the southeast).
The company is located on the north-eastern side of Etna between 700 and 850 m asl. in the municipality of Randazzo in the Croce Monaci district.
The total extension is about 15 hectares of which 8 are vineyards
The vineyards, all grown as saplings, climb on ancient small terraces built over the centuries with dry-stone walls in lava stone.
Indulge in grapes and be able to get the best wine every year based on the characteristics of the grapes of departure.
The wine every year is an expression of the vintage understood as climate, emotions and collateral events.
There are people who believe that the myth of Vega Sicilia was due to its being an aristocratic wine, in scarce supply, and only within the means of a fortunate few; an object of desire that only a privileged minority could enjoy. However, what many do not know, is that the real origin of the legend lies in a story of hope, commitment and patience on the banks of the River Duero, as it runs through the heart of Castilla, where the river laps against and nourishes a unique and exceptional, nearly magical estate.
Bruno, Alessandro and Federico.
Vespa Vignaioli was born in 2014. Bruno Vespa is a television journalist passionate about the world of wine since the great Luigi Veronelli taught him to love the men and women who belong to him since the 70s. For decades, the Vespa has told its story in its articles and one day he decided to become a winemaker himself by associating his sons Alessandro and Federico with the company. The Vespa family owns the splendid Masseria Li Reni located in Manduria, in Puglia and owns land covering over 34 hectares.
Champagne is a wine of legend. The entire history of the Veuve Clicquot House is marked by mythical wines, all of which respect the demand for quality that was the force that drove Madame Clicquot. True to this heritage, the House is proud of its motto: "Only one quality, the finest". A short lineage of just 10 Cellar Masters has led this quest for quality, thereby ensuring the continuity of the Veuve Clicquot style: strength and complexity. Veuve Clicquot priors itself on excellence and quality.
The history of the Vietti winery traces its roots back to the 19th Century. Only at the beginning of the 20th century, however, did the Vietti name become a winery offering its own wines in bottle.
Villa Papiano and the village of Modigliana are synonymous with viticulture in the Apennine hills : high altitudes, less fertile soil and vineyards planted adjacent to forested areas - these are the severe but yet ideal characteristics which best describe our winery.
The history of Villa Papiano began in the 15th century when under Papiano, a Lieutenant of the Medici family, this territory became an important seat of power from which the whole area could be controlled and agriculture could be diffused.
Villa Papiano Winery project started back in 2001 when we rebuilt the terraces of the old vines planted in the 1960’s to ensure the continuing evolution of our concept of wine as a traditional expression of this environment: wines which speak of flowers and undergrowth, subtle, vertical , with a slight salinity, wines which age well.
From father to son since 1933: Yves Alexandre – a Récoltant-Manipulant growing and producing his own wine in Courmas – has passed on his passion for cultivating vines and producing wine to his son Xavier.
Maison Alexandre has the “Champagnes de Vignerons” label, which guarantees the quality and expertise handed down over the generations.
Xavier Alexandre cultivates the vines on the family farm, produces the wines on his estate and sells his bottles of Champagne and Côteaux Champenois himself.
It all began in 1960 when Sergio Zenato, filled with energy and ambition and driven by his deep bond with the territory, tried out new techniques of wine making and invested in native vines in order to obtain wine of the highest quality.
Today, his wife Carla, together with their children Alberto and Nadia, continues to pursue Sergio’s great enterprise with the same enthusiasm, tenacity and infinite dedication, making the excellence of Zenato's wines known in more than 60 countries of the world.
In this way, the soul of Lugana and the heart of Valpolicella continue to expand their borders.