Since the beginning of the last century, the Paternoster family has constantly dedicated itself to the viticulture of Vulture. Grandfather Anselmo, the first architect of the success of the house, collecting the noble art of winemaker from his father, decided in 1925, to allocate to the sale, the first bottles of Aglianico, until then produced for family and friendly consumption. Some examples of labels, photos and other materials of the time are still jealously guarded by us.
Numerous awards have been given over the years both in Italy and abroad, as are numerous industry press articles that recognize the company for the first major merits of Aglianico dissemination, as well as a reference point for the entire area of Vulture. Despite the market and image consensus, the company spirit and philosophy remain unchanged, very tied to the territory and in particular to Barile, a center of marked and ancient wine-making vocations, as evidenced by the Cantine area, a suggestive site made up of over a hundred of secular cellars dug into the tuff that represent the symbol of the Baroque art of winemaking.